God Shed HIs Grace on Thee
I look up and hanging
on my wall I see, "Beautiful for spacious skies, for amber waves of grain,
for purple mountain majesties above the fruited plain! America! America! God
shed His grace on thee, and crown thy good with brotherhood from sea to shining
sea!" We do live in a beautiful country, look out your window and you will
see it's people walking free, praying in the house of worship of their choice,
not one dictated to them, we have free elections and whether you think your
vote counts or not, you are privileged to be able to have that choice. We have the right to bear arms and protect
ourselves from those who would do us harm, we have an abundance of food and
medical care, but we also have children, and homeless people who go to bed cold
and hungry, sometimes in cardboard boxes sometimes leaning up against a wall,
medical care is expensive and lacking in many ways, there are colonies of
people in my area of the country who haven’t electricity or clean water. I
myself lived without utilities, no running water, no electricity for several
months and no heat for 2 winters, so I know, I thank God that at least I had
shelter, I had a house although it was falling down around me, I had a bed and
plenty of blankets to help keep the cold away, I had the frustration of people
knowing how I was living but not helping, no one as much as brought me a jug of
water but by God’s grace I lived through that and have come out a better and
stronger person. God shed His grace on me. As we enter into our winter months,
please remember those who are less fortunate, help in some way, donate a coat
or blanket to a local shelter, look around, if you see a neighbor in trouble,
help, something as simple as a loaf of bread and a jar of peanut butter or a
block of cheese may make a big difference to someone, put a few dollars against
their utility bill. Become a blessing to someone who needs one. May God shed His
grace on thee.
Comments
Post a Comment