I
found your picture in a box, looked into those soulful blue eyes and
wept. I felt the sadness of our parting and a pain for our used-to-be
love. Innocent and passionate, we wanted to be together forever and a
day. A lonely boy and girl met at the right time to be there for each
other when they each needed it most. No one will ever take the place
of you in my heart. Over the years my heart has endured heartbreak and
loss but there is no pain in the part of my heart where you dwell. The
memory of walking hand in hand, dodging raindrops, talking for hours.
The safest and most beloved peace I had ever had was in your arms, you
holding me close and letting me know that no matter what, you loved me.
And no matter what, I loved you. You gave me a reason to be, when no one
else could. You made me believe in myself, that I had worth, I was more
than just an insignificant person taking up space. I had value, I knew
because you let me know, you allowed me the peace and comfort I needed
to grow inside and become the young woman I was capable of becoming. I
could endure my tumultuous home life because you were there to help me
through it. Time passed and my family moved away, you drove your
motorcycle several hundred miles to see me, I was so happy to see you,
so sad when you had to leave. I moved back and we saw each other again,
feelings had changed, we were no longer dependent on one another to be
happy. We were older and more mature, I remember you taking me by the
place your fiancee worked and pointing her out to me, I was just a tiny
bit sad, but that's what is supposed to happen, we are meant to drift
away from friends and go toward our potential mate. I met the boy I
would marry and share my life with, have children with. I remember our
goodbye as I told you I had met who I would marry and how sad it seemed
to make both of us, I think that was when we both finally realized that
our time together had come to an end. I would never again have a friend
that I loved as deeply as you, that I am so thankful for having known. I
pray for you and thank God that He sent you to me when He did. I pray
that your life has been as blessed and full as mine has been. And I do
sometimes wish you were more than just a picture in a box.
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments
Post a Comment